Sunday, November 20, 2011

Beneath the Dark (R) 5.5

Beneath the Dark (I) (2010): Driving to a wedding in Los Angeles through the Mojave Desert, Paul and Adrienne pull off the highway and into Roy's Motel and Cafe. This roadside artifact proves to be a strange and surreal place with an unsettling mix of travelers, who force our couple to discover the secret hidden between. (4.7)

Director: Chad Feehan
Writer: Chad Feehan
Stars: Josh Stewart, Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Chris Browning

Hmm.. formulaic and predictable. Empty and creepy motel, people with thousand-yard-gaze. I think, I've seen scenes of this in other movies. Then again, this one has a tad too much of predominant religion in it. Still, to its credit, it held my interest and I wanted to see how it ended. Speaking of which, the ending was a bit confusing and convoluted. "A movie to kill time for those who like it better dead?" Yeah, that. My Rating: 5.5