Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lock, Stock and ... (R) 8.0

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998): Four London working class stiffs pool their money to put one in a high stakes card game, but things go wrong and they end up owing half a million pounds and having one week to come up with the cash. (8.2)

Director: Guy Ritchie
Writer: Guy Ritchie
Stars: Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher and Nick Moran

I believe this is Guy Ritchie's first feature-length film and that's not a bad way to start.  I'd seen Snatch earlier, so I kind of knew what sort of movie to expect.  As a darn good dark comedy, it did not disappoint.  Some people call this "essential viewing" for those who like that type of movies.  The plot is so crazy, but the acting and dialog holds your attention the whole time and carries it though quite well.  There's not a whole lot I can say about it that hasn't been said elsewhere.  I highly recommend this movie to those who like this genre.  My Rating: 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment