Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Princess Bride (PG) 8.5

The Princess Bride (1987): A classic fairy tale, with swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing (as read by a kindly grandfather). (8.1)

Director: Rob Reiner
Writers: William Goldman (book), William Goldman (screenplay)
Stars: Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin and Robin Wright

This is the movie that I've seen a million times and I'll never get tired of it. For the 25th anniversary (Yeah, 25! I know, right?!) NPR had an interview with Mandy Patinkin which in itself was fabulous (a must hear story for any fan of the movie; you'll never see Billy Crystal's MLT scene the same way again). By now, for me, the whole movie is one quotable line after another. Words to live by: "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." My Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment