Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wallander (TV) 7.5

Wallander (2008): In a picturesque and once-peaceful province of southern Sweden, disillusioned police inspector Kurt Wallander probes a shocking spate of baffling murders. (7.5)

Director: Philip Martin, Niall MacCormick
Writers: Henning Mankell (Novels), Richard Cottan (Screenplays)
Stars: Kenneth Branagh, Sarah Smart, Richard McCabe

I watched the first season (three movie-length disjointed episodes) of the British series. It is set in Sweden, apparently as the novels intended, and the names, signs, newspapers, are are in Swedish, but the dialog is in English. Each of the three stories probably requires a separate post, but I'm too lazy. Maybe I'll do separate posts for each season as I watch them. The three that I watched are all well written screenplays (Sidetracked, Firewall, One Step Behind). Good storylines and well developed characters. Yes, the main characters are portrayed as having lives outside of detective work (some people may find that extraneous and not part of the plot) that adds to the richness of the story-telling. My Rating: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment