Thursday, July 21, 2011

Black Swan (R) 7.0

Black Swan (2010): A ballet dancer wins the lead in "Swan Lake" and is perfect for the role of the delicate White Swan - Princess Odette - but slowly loses her mind as she becomes more and more like Odile, the Black Swan. (8.3)

Director: Darren Aronofsky
Stars: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis and Vincent Cassel

The acting is superb. While I can't directly relate to the story of the leading ballerina in a major production in a big city, in my head, I understand the euphoria and the pressure she is under simultaneously. It is the unique storyline that doesn't connect with me, emotionally. Yet, the thrilling sequences, the roller-coaster she goes through, and most importantly the super good acting holds this movie together from beginning to the end. My Rating: 7.0