Friday, December 21, 2012

The Hunger Games (PG-13) 6.0

The Hunger Games (2012): Katniss Everdeen voluntarily takes her younger sister's place in the Hunger Games, a televised fight to the death in which two teenagers from each of the twelve Districts of Panem are chosen at random to compete. (7.3)

Director: Gary Ross
Writers: Gary Ross (screenplay), Suzanne Collins (screenplay/novel)
Stars: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth

Ok, I'm not sure what all the hype was about regarding this movie, because there wasn't a whole lot to get excited. Perhaps it is because the hero in competition is a girl, so she is a good role-model? um? I haven't read the books (I may still, since I have them in the ebook format) so I learned the basic story from the movie. In the movie, there wasn't a whole lot of character development or how to the two societies relate to each other. Some of the sets and costumes were colorful, but I don't think it added anything to the plot. Action sequences were less than I expected from the hype. Acting was ok. My Rating: 6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment