Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Man from Earth (PG) 8.0

The Man from Earth (2007): An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he is an immortal who has walked the earth for 14,000 years. (8.0)

Director: Richard Schenkman
Writer: Jerome Bixby
Stars: David Lee Smith, Tony Todd and John Billingsley

Watching this movie the second time in five months didn't give me any more insights into the storyline. However, I'd forgotten how much the second half revolves around Christianity. More than what I said the first time around, what I think now is that the story could have put more emphasis on the emergence of morality or the sense of right-and-wrong among various civilizations and a bit less on religion. Then again, it is what the writer decided to focus on and still makes you think about the possibilities, even after the second viewing. My Rating: 8.0