Thursday, August 18, 2011

Copenhagen (G) 7.5

Copenhagen (TV 2002): A television adaptation of Michael Frayn's celebrated and award-winning stage play about the meeting between physicists Niels Bohr and Werner Heisenberg in 1941 Copenhagen. (7.3)

Director: Howard Davies
Writers: Howard Davies (adaptation), Michael Frayn
Stars: Francesca Annis, Daniel Craig and Stephen Rea

I like quantum physics. I like what's implied in the uncertainty principle. This TV adaptation of a play is very nicely done. It uses the quantum theories, the history, the uncertainty of a meeting between leading figures, etc and tells a story quite remarkably. I thought it would be a boring documentary. It is anything, but! Using just three actors and the inherent uncertainty in the story and the subject matter, it takes the viewer through a nice historical journey. Very well done. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in particle physics, WWII and the atom bomb. My Rating: 7.5