Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer (R) 7.0

The Lincoln Lawyer (2011): A sleazy defense attorney has a crisis of conscience when he represents a wealthy client who has a foolproof plan to beat the system. (7.4)

Director: Brad Furman
Writers: John Romano (screenplay), Michael Connelly (novel)
Stars: Matthew McConaughey, Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe and William H. Macy

(See my book blog for a very short review of the novel by Michael Connelly.) My book review is short because the book is near perfect. The movie script is really close to the book. I didn't think Matthew McConaughey is the right person to pull off the main character (what with his Texas twang) but he does it extremely well. Having read the novel, therefore, knowing what was going to happen, didn't stop me from enjoying the movie. (Of course, the book has more details; that's how it is when a novel is made into a movie.) My Rating: 7.0