Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Synecdoche, New York (R) 5.5

Synecdoche, New York (2008) : A theatre director struggles with his work, and the women in his life, as he creates a life-size replica of New York City inside a warehouse as part of his new play. (7.4)

Director: Charlie Kaufman
Writer: Charlie Kaufman
Stars: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Samantha Morton, Michelle Williams

This is a movie that some people, including some high society critics, will love for being obscure and weird. But for me, if I want to see shit, literally, I'd just look in the toilet bowl myself; I just don't want to see it on the movie screen, thank you very much. Longer you watch it, weirder or sillier it gets ... no, I mean, dumber it gets. Had it been a weird, silly, funny movie, I would have liked it. Instead it is weird and gross and irrelevant. If you want a different perspective of this movie, this review from The Guardian might help. I just want my two hours back. My Rating: 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment