Monday, September 5, 2011

The Butterfly Effect (R) 7.5

The Butterfly Effect (2004): A young man blocks out harmful memories of significant events of his life. As he grows up, he finds a way to remember these lost memories and a supernatural way to alter his life. (7.8)

Directors: Eric Bress, J. Mackye Gruber
Stars: Ashton Kutcher, Amy Smart and Melora Walters

In my first review I had a lot to say about the theme of the story in this movie. It is quite intriguing and sometimes you'd want to have that ability to create the right "flutter of butterfly wings" at the right time. Of course, the modern theoretical physics says that things are the way they are because that's how they have to be (unitarity concept). Watching this movie the second time around, I didn't have the same emotional reaction (specially to the final sequences) as the first time (going cold in my old age, I suppose) and I've dropped the rating a notch. Still a very good, well thought-out movie. My Rating: 7.5