Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dead Awake (R) 7.0

Dead Awake (2010): A funeral parlor employee looks to unravel a 10-year-old mystery. (4.2)

Director: Omar Naim
Writers: Johnny Harrington (story)
Stars: Nick Stahl, Rose McGowan and Amy Smart

Low score on IMDB but this one is quite good, at least, for me. (YMMV) It is a fantasy, a thriller, somewhat morbid, and keeps you guessing all the way til the end as to who's real and who's not. Like the main character, I too, have "seen" my funeral and my "impressions" aren't too different from his. Plus, a lot of the storyline hits quite close to home for me. Even without the personal connections, I would give this move high marks for a unique story, good acting, nice cinematography and the overall quality. I would recommend this as a thriller/mystery. If you do watch it, spare a thought for the "other guy" as the script just sweeps that part under the carpet. My Rating: 7.0