Friday, January 11, 2013

Stuck Between Stations (R) 5.0

Stuck Between Stations (2011): Former high school classmates reunite by chance during a chaotic party-filled evening. (5.6)

Director: Brady Kiernan
Writers: Sam Rosen, Nat Bennett
Stars: Heather Amos, Sam Rosen and Zoe Lister Jones

This is one of those attempts to create some characters, throw them together and see if the chemistry would create a compelling story. Sorry to say that this "story" has no traction at all. If I want to see what other people do on a night out, I can just go to a bar and see what happens ... pretty much nothing significant, and that's what happens in this story. The description about this movie is more hopeful than it really is. I'm sure there are those who like this kind of free-flowing, make up as you go along kind of non-stories but it isn't my cup of tea. To me, cinema is an incredibly rich medium for compelling storytelling. One major part of a good storytelling is having a story. I stopped paying much attention to the acting or the cinematography because it felt like an 80s MTV docu-drama that is filled with useless crap. My Rating: 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment