Monday, April 22, 2013

Shuffle (PG-13) 7.0

Shuffle (2011): Lovell Milo suddenly begins to experience his life out of chronological sequence. (6.2)

Director: Kurt Kuenne
Writer: Kurt Kuenne
Stars: T.J. Thyne, Paula Rhodes, Chris Stone

While the original description reminded me of the Time Traveler's Wife, the movie itself is not like that movie (or the book). Instead, this one had an original take on the whole out-of-sequence experiences. Yes, I'm a sucker for movies like this (time travel; time displacement; etc.) so I know that I will be giving this one more credit than most people. Still, it used the camera tricks, still photos, the repeating sequences/words, etc to tell a compelling story. This is not a science fiction, so the viewer shouldn't think too much about the "time displacement" aspect of the story; instead the events will keep you glued to the screen. The take-away for me was not what the director intended, that you can have a second chance at life; but that's just me. Yet, I liked the heartbreaking and uplifting story. My Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment