Thursday, March 10, 2011

Time Traveler's Wife (PG-13) 7.5

The Time Traveler's Wife (2009): A romantic drama about a Chicago librarian with a gene that causes him to involuntarily time travel, and the complications it creates for his marriage. (7.1)

Director: Robert Schwentke
Writers: Audrey Niffenegger (novel)
Stars: Eric Bana, Rachel McAdams and Ron Livingston

Also see the post in my book blog about the novel. As I said there, I like the book a whole lot more. The book is a lot more descriptive and has a lot more stuff. This is the second time I watched this movie. Something about the time travel concept always intrigues me. In the story Audrey Niffenegger keeps one of the main premises of time travel in tact: don't/can't change past events. This is in contrast to Primer which I watched a few nights back where they want to go back and sabotage the building of the prototype in the first place ... thereby not being able to make the device that allows them to go back and ... ugh, there's your paradox! Watching it this time around, something about Henry knowing the date/time of his death made me quite interested in the whole idea of death. I've seen Rachel McAdams in a couple of other movies, but here she is simply stunning, specially in the early scenes. My Rating: 7.5