Thursday, May 9, 2013

12 Angry Men (PG) 7.0

12 Angry Men (1957): A dissenting juror in a murder trial slowly manages to convince the others that the case is not as obviously clear as it seemed in court. (8.9)

Director: Sidney Lumet
Writer: Reginald Rose (story)
Stars: Martin Balsam, John Fiedler, Lee J. Cobb

The problem I have with this movie is the same one I have with most of the old movies--I can't put myself in the situation. I am to believe that the actors do act like how period folks behaved; to me that seems so pretentious and phony. They look so alien to me. The story itself is about 12 white guys collectively, and eventually, saving "one of those people" who also happened to be another (poor) white guy, when we know in that same time period, a much larger explosive situation was taking place in the society. Yeah, so I'm not so impressed with this movie like most other people seem to be. Yes, the acting is good and the camera-work, given that it is in a single narrow room, is superb. Perhaps, I expected too much. My Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment