Saturday, May 11, 2013

Trainspotting (R) 7.5

Trainspotting (1996): Renton, deeply immersed in the Edinburgh drug scene, tries to clean up and get out, despite the allure of the drugs and influence of friends. (8.2)

Director: Danny Boyle
Writers: Irvine Welsh (novel), John Hodge (screenplay)
Stars: Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh with them, laugh at them or be sad along with them about the lives of the characters in this cult-classic movie. In one sense, you think that it hypes up the drug use, but in a deeper level it shows how the heroin culture has pulled the user into the dark abyss. The dialog is, to use an English term, spot-on. If I remember correctly, Ewan McGregor got himself a pretty good boost after this movie came out. The most hilarious scene for me was when they define how rotten it is to be Scottish. My Rating: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment