Sunday, June 30, 2013

6 Souls / Shelter (R) 6.0

6 Souls (2010): A female forensic psychiatrist discovers that all of one of her patient's multiple personalities are murder victims. She will have to find out what's happening before her time is finished. (6.0)

Directors: Måns Mårlind, Björn Stein
Writer: Michael Cooney
Stars: Julianne Moore, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jeffrey DeMunn

(I believe this movie was shown in the theaters as Shelter, but was released in DVD as 6 Souls.) I fell for the description of this movie written as a psychological thriller. It even started out as such with what looked to be a lot of promise; then it degenerated into some of a religious and/or cult (is there a difference?) supernatural crap. Look, if I want such fantasy and horror movies, I will seek out and watch them. But when it is mislabeled as something else, it really is irritating. In the first half, the lead characters did quite a good job acting-wise. When the story turns to silliness, I lost the interest in the plot and the acting, so excuse me if I didn't pay that much attention in the latter part. The locations, camera angles, lighting etc were quite good. It is the storytelling (the most important part in a movie, at least for me) that is lacking. My Rating: 6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment