Sunday, June 16, 2013

Last Life in the Universe (R) 6.5

Last Life in the Universe (2003): A suicidal, obsessively compulsive Japanese librarian is forced to lie low in Thailand with a pot-smoking woman coping with the recent loss of her sister. (7.5)

Director: Pen-Ek Ratanaruang
Writers: Pen-Ek Ratanaruang, Prabda Yoon
Stars: Tadanobu Asano, Sinitta Boonyasak, Takashi Miike

Um, okay so it starts out quite strong like it actually has some story. That was my first mistake; thinking that this movie has a story. Well, it sort of does have two strands of stories but that's about it. I'm not quite sure what the hell it is; and after watching you are feeling like 'well that was some good two hours spent looking for something and found nothing.' I guess, if I'm high like one of the characters, this might-just might-make some sense. Some of the jokes were funny, but they were few and far in between. My Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment