Monday, March 5, 2012

Paycheck (PG-13) 5.5

Paycheck (2003): What seemed like a breezy idea for an engineer to net him millions of dollars, leaves him on the run for his life and piecing together why he's being chased. (6.1)

Director: John Woo
Writers: Philip K. Dick (short story), Dean Georgaris (screenplay)
Stars: Ben Affleck, Aaron Eckhart and Uma Thurman

Ugh ... 2hrs of my life I'm never gonna get back! I seriously doubt that the movie script is anywhere close to Philip K. Dick's short story (I haven't read). This is just a sequence of special effects and action drama without any plot/character development. This just goes to show you that you can't make a good movie by just throwing money at the project. You know it is a bad script when you yell "oh, come on, really?" at the screen. I have to remember to stay away from the so-called popular sci-fi action flicks. (Yeah, I haven't said why this movie is crap; I can't be bothered.) My Rating: 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment