Sunday, August 10, 2014

About Time (R) 6.5

About Time (2013) : At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think. (7.8)

Director: Richard Curtis
Writer: Richard Curtis
Stars: Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams, Bill Nighy

As a romantic comedy, this movie is pretty good. As a time travel sci-fi, the plot leaves a lot to be desired. Yeah, sure using the trick of time travel to land a chic is all fun and good, but you gotta be true to your own premises and time travel rules and besides; and, use it for something more valuable than to fix your awkward social mistakes. As a movie, it is nice. The leads do justice to the characters and play them perfectly. I guess, I expected a bit more from the time travel aspects than "fix what I just said by mistake." Yes, I expect movies to be mostly a storytelling medium and so I put more value on the story than the acting and camera work. My Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment