Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cherry Blossoms (R) 7.0

Cherry Blossoms (2008) Kirschblüten - Hanami (original title): When Trudi learns that her husband Rudi is dangerously ill, she suggests visiting their children in Berlin without telling him the truth. (7.5)

Director: Doris Dörrie
Stars: Elmar Wepper, Hannelore Elsner and Aya Irizuki
Languages: German|English (w/ English subtitles)

The story appeals to pretty much every person, I suppose, since we don't truly know the other people in our families since they give up something of themselves for the greater good of the family. Then, there is the generation gap. (If I say more, it will come a spoiler and I'm glad I didn't read more than the first sentence in the description before watching this movie. An unexpected event in the middle twists the whole story.) Nicely told with the German family and Japanese backdrops; an interesting mix. My Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment