Monday, January 16, 2012

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (PG) 7.0

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010): Master sorcerer Balthazar Blake recruits a seemingly everyday guy in his mission to defend New York City from his arch-nemesis, Maxim Horvath. (6.2)

Director: Jon Turteltaub
Stars: Nicolas Cage, Jay Baruchel and Alfred Molina

An interesting mix of Merlin myth and contemporary NY scenes. Nicolas Cage is getting to know the abandoned NY underground tunnels way too well in his movies. {smirk} The story isn't all that strong, but the acting wasn't half bad and the special effects were pretty good. I like the fact that Nicolas Cage does movies that the entire family can enjoy and he gives 100%. Just because of that, I'm bumping my score up a bit. Yeah, predictable ending and such, but still, as a family movie, I enjoyed it a lot. My Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment