Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Single Man (R) 7.5

A Single Man (2009): A story that centers on an English professor who, one year after the sudden death of his partner, is unable to cope with his typical days in 1960s Los Angeles. (7.5)

Director: Tom Ford Writers:
Christopher Isherwood (novel), Tom Ford / David Scearce (screenplay)
Stars: Colin Firth, Julianne Moore and Matthew Goode

I'm not sure how much of one significant aspect of the professor's relationship I should reveal here, probably none.  This is a very emotional movie that looks at how one copes with a major loss.  Yet, I felt like an outsider looking in ... that says more about me than the movie.  The emotional connections started to form towards the end.  The use of color fading in-and-out to depict the state of mind or the focus of of the main character is quite nice.  I liked the artsy cinematography.  My Rating: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment