Friday, April 20, 2012

Frost/Nixon (R) 7.5

Frost/Nixon (2008): A dramatic retelling of the post-Watergate television interviews between British talk-show host David Frost and former president Richard Nixon. (7.8)

Director: Ron Howard
Writers: Peter Morgan (screenplay), Peter Morgan (play)
Stars: Frank Langella, Michael Sheen and Kevin Bacon

I was in elementary school half-way around the world when Nixon resigned so I don't remember the real events.  But from the TV footage I've seen of Nixon and Frost, looks like Frank Langella and Michael Sheen have done terrific work to become the characters.  Seeing the back-story on the interview is quite something.  I didn't know that Diane Sawyer was involved in the Nixon admin and then after his resignation too.  The acting, the set-up, scenery etc. are so good that sometimes you think you are watching a documentary.  I highly recommend this movie.  My Rating: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment