Saturday, September 8, 2012

MST3K: The Movie (PG-13) 7.0

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie (1996): Mike Nelson and his robot companions watch and give their comments about "This Island Earth". (7.3)

Director: Jim Mallon
Writers: Joel Hodgson, Michael J. Nelson
Stars: Trace Beaulieu, Michael J. Nelson and Jim Mallon

Ha, they picked a good movie in "This Island Earth" for their quirky MST3K-style comments. The timing of the comments was excellent. I could have done without the crazy evil scientist segment, but hey, this is the movie version. I must say that I hate it when people make even small noises in theaters, but knowing that I am watching something explicitly for the smart-alec comments, I enjoy the MST3K style; mostly because the comments are witty, short and to the point. My Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment