Sunday, February 12, 2012

Franklyn (R) 6.5

Franklyn (2008): The film is a split narrative set simultaneously in contemporary London and in a future metropolis ruled by religious fervor. (6.1)

Director: Gerald McMorrow
Writer: Gerald McMorrow
Stars: Ryan Phillippe, Sam Riley and Bernard Hill

The story about events in parallel worlds, but nothing much is revealed to the audience until almost three quarters of the way through. By that time, you are kind of tired of trying to understand what's going on. The visuals are quite good, specially that of the Meanwhile City (or whatever it is called). After watching the whole movie, I'm still not sure who's who and what happened where. It is billed as a Sci-Fi, but I don't think it qualifies as such. Just because someone's imagination runs wild doesn't mean that the hallucinations are worthy of the label "Sci-Fi." I might watch this again sometime, just so that I understand what's going on from the beginning, but my initial reaction is ... "um, what!" My Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment