Tuesday, February 28, 2012

La Femme Nikita (R) 6.5

La Femme Nikita (1990) Nikita (original title): Convicted felon Nikita, instead of going to jail, is given a new identity and trained, stylishly, as a top secret spy/assassin. (7.5)

Director: Luc Besson
Writer: Luc Besson
Stars: Anne Parillaud, Marc Duret and Patrick Fontana
Language: French|Italian (w/ English subtitles)

When this movie came out, I remember hearing about it and people saying that it was a trend-setting one. I suppose it is. But, for hype, I expected a bit more from the script. Yes, the character development, the acting, etc were good but the story needed a touch more, IMHO. At the end, I had that empty feeling of "that's it?" and that means, a major emotional line was missing. Sorry, if you are a big fan of this movie (later remakes and TV series and all that), but for me, while I enjoyed it, it could have been better. My Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment