Saturday, February 11, 2012

Infernal Affairs 3 (PG-13) 7.0

Infernal Affairs: End Inferno 3 (2003) Mou gaan dou III: Jung gik mou gaan (original title): Months after the events of the original film, Ming suspects a police superintendent as being a new mole for the triads, while years earlier, Yan embarks on his first mission. (6.9)

Directors: Wai-keung Lau, Alan Mak
Writers: Alan Mak, Felix Chong
Stars: Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Andy Lau, Leon Lai, Kelly Chen
Languages: Cantonese|English

I didn't realize that this was the continuation of the original movie. Plus, I still haven't watched the part II, and it has been a while since I watched the first one. So, it was a bit confusing trying to remember who's who and where the stated and perceived loyalties lie. I think, I need to watch the three movies back-to-back to really understand what's going on. It is a convoluted storyline, made more complicated by the fact that this installment shows events out of sequence and what people think may have happened as actual scenes. The acting and the cinematography were great. My Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment