Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Forgotten (PG-13) 6.5

The Forgotten (2004): Told that their children never existed, a man and woman soon discover that there's a much bigger enemy at work. (5.7)

Director: Joseph Ruben
Writer: Gerald Di Pego
Stars: Julianne Moore, Dominic West and Christopher Kovaleski

Yes, it is a story of a grieving mother with a lost kid; and a story of "my mind is going" kind. But then it has a twist of what's behind all of that. I don't think I will say it here and spoil the plot for someone else, but I am of two minds. Maybe the writer should have introduced it a bit earlier in a much more forceful and in in-your-face fashion. Or, it should have been kept right to the end; bam; give it up as the surprise off the left field kind of ending. And, what's with all that running? Juliaane Moore must have lost a few pounds making this movie. I enjoyed this suspenseful thriller, but it is a notch below my "I'd recommend it" category. My Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment