Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (PG-13) 6.5

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011): A middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a new-found friend Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars. (7.5)

Directors: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Writer: Dan Fogelman
Stars: Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling and Julianne Moore

I'm not a huge fan of Steve Carell so I didn't think I'd like this movie. But, I found myself laughing at several instances and some other scenes (ie: denim jeans/sneakers at the mall) hit way too close to home. (heh, really!) A seriously convoluted silliness, but it works as a movie (in RL, probably not, but this is just a movie). No, the story isn't all that emotional or doesn't make you ask what if questions. Amusing. My Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment