Monday, April 4, 2011

The Godfather: Part III (R) 6.0

The Godfather: Part III (1990): In the midst of trying to legitimize his business dealings in 1979 New York and Italy, aging mafia don Michael Corleone seeks to vow for his sins while taking a young protégé under his wing. (7.6)

Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Writers: Mario Puzo, Francis Ford Coppola
Stars: Al Pacino, Diane Keaton and Andy Garcia

The storyline in this third installment has the feeling of "let's just do one more to see how far we can stretch this chewing gum." And, reading the Wikipedia page for this third part, I don't think, I'm far off. Losing the Tom Hagen character left a large hole, I think. The previous two parts were self contained and properly described the business of the family. This one was nice that it had Italy as the backdrop. Throughout the whole series, I had trouble remembering who's who or recognizing the identities of minor characters. My Rating: 6.0