Monday, March 21, 2011

Fight Club (R) 8.0

Fight Club (1999): An office employee and a soap salesman build a global organization to help vent male aggression. (8.8)

Director: David Fincher
Writers: Chuck Palahniuk (novel)
Stars: Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter

With a name like that, I didn't think I'd like this movie. But, it draws you in, grabs you by the scruff of your neck and three quarters of the way in, it drops a bomb. Very cleverly done. I haven't read the novel to see if the sequence of events is the same, but the movie is darn good. Acting is superb. There's a narrator in the movie and sometimes that backfires; not in this one. After seeing the move, the above one line description from IMDB is hilarious. I suppose, it captures the story, but quite deliberately leaves out the important parts. My Rating: 8.0