Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Loose Change 9/11 (UR) 5.5

Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup (Video 2009): Does History Repeat Itself? (7.1)

Director: Dylan Avery
Stars: George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Richard Gage

Um ... I dunno. This movie is looking at various "evidence" in the 9/11 attacks and calling it a conspiracy. To me, it feels like a picking and choosing the the items that support your claim. I felt like the writer did not attempt to explain anything away using the simple methods, but went looking for small odd things to support his theory. Occam's razor suggests that there could be quite a lot of simpler explanations. I'm saying this after having seen the movie Why We Fight (2005) that has a lot of details about why the US keeps fighting various wars and looks at what shapes our foreign policy. There could be a grain of truth in this movie, but to suggest that 9/11 was, at the very least, allowed to be carried out by the US government having been known in advance (like the Pearl Harbor) ... a bit far fetched, IMHO. I give it a lower score because it did not attempt to look at any plausible explanations. My Rating: 5.5